Spanish Immersion Programme - SALAMANCA
Re-invigorate your passion for Spanish during our two-week immersion in SALAMANCA!
Educators selected on this programme will travel to Salamanca, and take part in two weeks of language learning and cultural activities.
About the course
Saturday 1st July - Sunday 16 July (2 weeks)
- International Airfares including any connecting domestic flights
- Online, 2-hour orientation zoom programme
- Enrolment fee, tuition fee, accommodation (full board), attendance certificate and learning materials
- Cultural activities in and around Salamanca
- Travel / Health insurance via Allianz (UoA)
What's not included?
- Incidental expenses
- Visa if required
Living a long way from Spanish-speaking countries makes it hard to keep our language prowess up-to-date. Educators selected on this programme will travel to Salamanca, and take part in two weeks of language learning and cultural activities. This allows teachers to set goals around language learning, experience the rich culture of Salamanca and environs, and return to Aotearoa and our classrooms filled with inspiration!
- The Spanish Ministry of Education and Vocational Training
- The Embassy of Spain, Wellington, through Education Office (HQ in Canberra)
- University of Salamanca (USAL) through Cursos Internacionales
Applications close on Friday 17 February at 4pm.
Meet the facilitators
Literacy and Numeracy
Enhancing and expanding teachers’ capabilities to lead literacy and numeracy learning.
Helping teachers and kaiako build cultural capability to accelerate learning outcomes for Pacific learners.
Growing, strengthening and advocating for language learning and use, and sustaining heritage languages in schools.
Te Whanau Māioha
Learning and mentoring solutions that empower kāhui ako, kaiako and tumuaki to achieve stronger culturally-sustaining outcomes for ākonga/