Open-to-learning™ (OTL™) Leadership equips leaders with the skills and knowledge required to progress school priorities while maintaining high-quality relationships.
Principal, Senior Leader, Middle Leader
Open-to-learning™ (OTL™) Leadership is for principals, senior leaders and teachers who want to improve their interpersonal effectiveness as they work with others to progress their school’s priority goals.
About the course
Who would benefit from attending this course?
This course is for educators who want to improve their interpersonal effectiveness as they work with others to progress their school’s priority goals.
This course is ideal for:
• Deputy, Associate and Assistant Principals
• Heads of Department
• Heads of Faculties
• Senior Teachers
• Team Leaders
• Pastoral Leaders.
2024 course dates TBC.
Times: 10.00am - 4.00pm.
Location: Tui Tuia | Learning Circle, Level 9, 67 Symonds Street, Auckland, 1010.
Refreshments: Coffee, tea and biscuits on arrival. Lunch will be provided.
Open-to-learning Leadership™ (OTL™) supports you as you work to understand the theory and practices required for effective interpersonal communication.
Day one introduces you to the theory that underpins OTL™ Leadership and the connection between your personal leadership style and the Open-to-learning™ values.
Day two provides an extended opportunity to put theory into practice. This involves individual and group coaching enhanced by individualised feedback from accredited Leadership consultants.
OTL™ is delivered in-person over two full-days. It is a highly practical and research-based professional development opportunity with direct relevance to your own leadership and school development.
The Understanding and Practising OTL™ Leadership two day workshop provides:
- Coaching and extensive feedback from experienced and accredited facilitators on participants’ personal leadership style.
- Problem solving contextualised to each participant’s role and organisation.
- High quality course materials that include templates, cue cards, selected readings and workbooks.
- Research-based professional development with direct relevance to participants’ own leadership and school development.
- Considerable time for practising OTL™ conversations.
- Expert critique of participants’ conversations.
- A deepened understanding of the values that underpin OTL™.
Cost: $981 + GST each (or 10% discount for 3 or more participants)
Literacy and Numeracy
Enhancing and expanding teachers’ capabilities to lead literacy and numeracy learning.
Helping teachers and kaiako build cultural capability to accelerate learning outcomes for Pacific learners.
Growing, strengthening and advocating for language learning and use, and sustaining heritage languages in schools.
Te Whanau Māioha
Learning and mentoring solutions that empower kāhui ako, kaiako and tumuaki to achieve stronger culturally-sustaining outcomes for ākonga/